Saturday, October 16, 2010

Comments on Social Practice/Problem


Nicki: I did not see a blog.

Kim: I did not see a blog.
Alex: Your topic explained how big businesses are being unfair and that because of them we are in a recession.  You proved that all people are not created equal when you said that people in foreign countries are working for less money than Americans.  Even though they are willing to because they do not have a federal minimum wage, I see this as being unfair to both them and us.  I agree with you when you say that “bringing these jobs back would give our economy a major boost” because it is unfair that so many jobs have been taken away from so many Americans.  I do think that it would take a lot of work to keep big businesses from taking these jobs away.
Rachel: I think that your topic really shows how much you are against outsourcing as well the other American’s who are against it.  I learned a lot more about this social problem by reading your blog and I am interested to see what solutions you have come up with to possibly resolve this problem.
Almira: I really enjoyed reading your social problem, credit cards.  I unfortunately am a huge shopaholic and I have 2 store credit cards that I use.  I have seen that even though I pay my bills, credit cards can be more of a hassle than a benefit.  I always want to spend more than I can pay off right away and that is a temptation that I do not need.  It is definitely true when you say that these advertisements are everywhere.  I cannot wait to see what solutions you come up with!
Erin:  I think that it is unfair how immigrants in Arizona have to carry their papers around with them.  This just goes to show how immigrants are being treated unfairly.  I understand that it is a way for them to be identified as legal or illegal, but I still don’t think it is right.  I agree with you, the other options that you stated are much better than what Arizona has been doing.  I am not sure that there is really a way to resolve this issue, but I am sure there have been plenty of thoughts about how this can be fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment