I think that a person has more than one sublime experience in their lifetime. I have had several experiences where I was caught up in the moment and I could not believe what I was seeing and feeling. I think that one of my sublime moments was last year when I went on a vacation to Myrtle Beach with my parents and my former boyfriend Thomas. During this trip Thomas and I had the opportunity to have an experience that not many people get to have. We got to participate in a T.I.G.E.R.S VIP Tour. This means that we got up close and personal with some of the most unique and rare animals. These animals consisted of ligers, tigers, leopards, lynx’s, monkeys, and panthers. We got to pet them, play with them, and we even got personal pictures and videos taken with these animals. It was an experience I will never forget and it left me in complete shock that I was even able to participate in such an awesome event. I constantly had a smile on my face the whole day and the only words I could think to say were “wow, amazing, how cute, and I can’t believe I am doing this!” it was that incredible. When they brought out all of the baby tigers and leopards for us to pet I was so happy! My favorite animal is a leopard and for me to actually hold one in my hands like a kitten was just amazing. We spent about an hour at least petting all of the baby animals. The trainers took a lot of pictures so that we could have that moment captured forever and I am so grateful for that. I think my next favorite part about that day was when we got to spend time with the monkeys. The monkeys were of all breeds and ages. The trainers would give them a fruit snack and it was so adorable to watch them play with it and eat it. I really enjoyed when the orangutan was sitting on my lap and the trainer took my sunglasses and placed them on his face! It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. To this day I am still in awe of the great experience that I had at the VIP tour. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have an unforgettable experience with wild, but trained animals. You certainly won’t forget it!
I think that people seek out situations where they feel this kind of overwhelming emotion because it makes you feel good. Whether it is a happy or sad moment, you feel good after you feel that emotion. It always feels good to laugh and it always feels good to let out a much needed cry. It is not often that we get to have an incredible experience that makes us feel overwhelmed with emotion, but when we do it is important that we soak it up for all that it is worth because you don’t know when you will have that chance again.
If I were a Romantic artist who was trying to re-create this moment I would express it through my words. I always express myself better through writing than I do when I talk. Words allow you to create images in your head of what you are reading. You are able to comprehend things a lot more and you can truly focus on what the author is saying.
Kelsey: That truly is an awesome experience! I am so happy that you were able to experience that. I do agree with how you feel about the Sublime it is something that you want to remember forever!
ReplyDelete